Dr. Charbel Maydaa (he/him) is the founder and director of MOSAIC, the MENA Organization for Services, Advocacy, Integration and Capacity building that serves as a holistic program committed to the improvement of the health and wellness of LGBTIQ persons in the MENA region.
Since 2004, Dr. Maydaa has been promoting the rights for LGBTIQ persons through his work experience and activism in NGOs and INGOs since 2004.
He led many initiatives that advanced the programs to support and raise awareness on issues addressing LGBTIQ. He is a certified trainer on Sexual Orientation and Gender Equality, Reproductive Health/Rights and Clinical Management for women and men Survivors of Sexual Violence/Rape and has facilitated more than 100 trainings at national and international levels.
Dr. Maydaa has to his credit a series of publications; to name a few:
• Coauthor of A Gendered Approach to the Syrian Refugee Crisis
• Nahnou booklet: Booklet for teachers on social issues related to gender with Nabee’ Organization
• Training booklet on Sexual orientation and Gender Identity with Helem organization
• Myths and Facts about Homosexuality Booklet with Helem organization
• Research on LGBT social and health needs (|Yemen,Sanaa) and (Egypt,Cairo) with UNDP regional office.
Organisation: Mosaic (Lebanon)