Finance Assistant (maternity cover)
Duration: 23 August 2021 – 30 April 2022
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 28 July 2021 – 23:59 (Central European Summer Time)
Monday 2 August 2021 - 23:59 (Central European Summer Time) NEW DEADLINE!
ILGA World seeks a Finance Assistant (maternity cover).
This call is an exciting opportunity to join ILGA World, the global LGBTI membership-based organisation with more than 1,700 member organisations in over 160 countries. Anyone with a background in regard to finance and/or administration and dedication to the human and social rights of persons of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and sex characteristics who meets the requirements set out below is welcome to apply.
ILGA World’s current Senior Finance Officer for Grants and Reporting is going on maternity leave as of September 23rd, 2021.
Therefore, the organisation seeks a Finance Assistant on a part-time basis, who will cover the main, day-to-day finance administration tasks of the position and be responsible for the preparation of paperwork for the processing of payments and bookkeeping, and provide assistance in financial operations of the organisation, from August 23rd, 2021, to April 30th, 2022. The successful candidate will help guarantee the continuation of finance operations and the segregation of financial duties between recording and control functions in alignment with organisation’s internal controls and procedures.
The successful candidate must be already in a possession a permit to work in Switzerland and be based in Switzerland or be willing to offer their services as an independent consultant under a consultancy agreement.
The successful candidate will ideally start working on 23rd August 2021.
- Carry out finance administration tasks for ILGA World including:
- Receive and issue invoices, verify eligibility of invoices with staff members responsible for the area and maintain cloud repository of invoices.
- Ensure the proper and timely booking of all invoices and employee expenses in purchase and sales ledgers. Maintain purchase and sales ledgers and vendors database and keep payment details verified and up to date.
- Prepare the records for the monthly closing and carry out bank reconciliations.
- Follow up on approval, processing and booking of expenses and expense claims.
- Ensure internal financial reporting and accountability:
- Ensure that accounting practices and standards are adhered to, and are in accordance with ILGA World Policies and Procedures (Travel and Expenses Policy and the Finance Manual).
- Ensure procurement procedures are in alignment with ILGA World’s policies and procedures, grant and donor requirements, including in ILGA Regions.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Support Services with internal financial reporting as needed.
- Carry out other finance-related activities as agreed with the Director of Finance and Support services
- Work as a part of the ILGA World staff team
- The Finance Assistant is required to work from ILGA World’s head office in Geneva, if contracted locally, or from a remote location, if providing consulting services.
- The weekly working time is 22,5 hours (60% of FTE).
- ILGA World operates under the flexible working system, that among others include flexible working hours and remote work arrangements.
- ILGA World remunerates under a salary matrix structure. The annual salary being offered for the post is CHF 69,600 (pro rata). The monthly remuneration for consultants will be CHF 2,500.
- In addition, ILGA World offers 25 days annual leave (pro rata), an annual Geneva travel pass and a contribution to lunch expenses, if the post holder is hired locally.
The successful candidate must
- be able to communicate in English with high proficiency
- have worked or at least gained relevant experiences internationally
- demonstrate experience in finance or administrative support or have an equivalent University degree
- high numerical proficiency, including mastering of Excel
- speak at least two languages
The successful candidate ideally:
- has relevant experience in working in international teams
Knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and accounting software and ability to communicate in Spanish are an asset.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please fill out the online form.
We recommend preparing your answers in advance before you start filling the below form out. In order to prevent the form session expiring and you losing your work, we suggest downloading this form in a Word document format and filling it out offline (especially open-ended questions) and then coming back to the below form and pasting the answers. DO NOT send your application form in a Word document format, as it will not be evaluated this way. You need to fill out the below form with your prepared answers.
We also recommend filling out the below form on a computer (instead of a smartphone) if possible.
Filling out the application form
- Answer all personal and open-ended questions. Read the personal and open-ended questions carefully and demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria, as this informs the shortlisting process. The shortlisting process is based on an evaluation of each of the sections
- Language. The application pack should be completed in English. Both shortlisted tasks and interviews will also be conducted in English (though other declared language skills may be tested).
- Other documents or materials. Do not attach a CV, pictures, or any additional document, as they will not be used. Failure to respect this rule will negatively impact your score.
9 July 2021 Call for candidates
28 July 2 August 2021 (23:59 CEST) Deadline for applications new deadline!
5 August 2021 Shortlisted candidates notified of results
10 August 2021 Interviews
Before 14 August 2021 Notification of selected and not selected candidates
ILGA World equal opportunities policy
ILGA World is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ILGA World is committed to social justice, regardless of any individual or group characteristics, including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex characteristics, race, age, disability, ability, economic status, national origin, religion, ethnicity, and historical, cultural and geographic experiences, nonetheless recognizing the unique challenges faced by individuals with each of these characteristics and by those with intersecting identities.
We offer fair treatment to all current and potential employees, interns and contractors and aim to ensure that all such individuals receive equal treatment (including access to employment, training and opportunities for promotion, as relevant) regardless of any personal attribute as listed above.
ILGA World promotes gender and equality mainstreaming and it actively promotes equality in all policies and actions. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Lesbian and bisexual women, intersex persons, trans and gender-non-binary persons, and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
If more than one applicant is considered to be equally qualified for the position, priority will be given to applicants coming from marginalized and/or underrepresented groups.