Opportunity at ILGA World:
Audit and Reporting Assistant (maternity cover)
Deadline for applications: Friday 20 October 2023 – 23:59 CEST (Central European Summer Time)
Start of the position: 20 November 2023
The image shows a background in six rounded frames, each of them with a colour of the Pride flag. The text reads: "We are hiring! Audit and reporting assistant (maternity cover)", and offers details about the opportunity, the deadline to apply, and who can apply. The ILGA World logo sits at the bottom centre of the image
Who can apply?
- a background in regard to finance, accounting and/or auditing
- dedication to the human and social rights of persons of diverse sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and sex characteristics
who meets the requirements set out below is welcome to apply.
ILGA World’s current Finance Manager is going on maternity leave as of 14 December 2023.
Therefore, the organisation seeks an Audit and Reporting Assistant on a full-time basis, who will work on the preparation and delivery of the Audit as well as on regular reporting for grants, programmes and the Board, from 20 November 2023 to 20 May 2024. The successful candidate will help guarantee the continuation of finance operations and the segregation of financial duties between recording and control functions in alignment with the organisation’s internal controls and procedures.
The successful candidate can work remotely and must be willing to be hired as a fix-term remote employee in the country where they are based through an Employer of Record, or be willing to offer their services as a consultant under a consultancy service agreement.
The successful candidate will ideally start working on 20 November 2023.
- Support, prepare and work alongside the auditors and the Director of Finance for the institutional and project Audits:
- Review the PBC list and prepare folders and files with the requested information
- Produce offline reports (GL, grants, Financial statements and notes, payroll reports etc.) with cost mapping, per PBC list and liaise with auditors for any additional documentation required
- Carry out YE and January 2024 closing, making sure cost and staff allocations align with ILGA World and Donors budgets
- Carry out Cash reconciliation and provide with Cash count report
- Prepare AUPs
- Prepare reports for ISA 805 Audit and supporting documentation (Project audits)
- Ensure proper financial management, accountability, planning, and reporting of international grants and internal reports:
- In close coordination with the fundraising lead, prepare grant proposal budget, amendments, and extensions for the life of grants up to and including close-out
- Review annual programs/ projects and ILGA regional support budgets, monitor actual expenditures versus budget
- Analyse spending trends and provide feedback and analysis to programme officers and project leaders on areas with significant over- or under-spending
- Review and generate financial reports on a quarterly basis for compliance with grants and donors’ requirements
- Provide commentaries on variances in monthly financial reports to the Treasurer of the board
- Generate financial reports as per the agreed schedule on the grants agreement and monitor the financial report process from review, signature and sending to the donor. Liaise closely with the monitoring and evaluation lead to ensure timely joint submission of financial and narrative reports
- Review budget comparison reports to ensure adherence to restrictions on line item flexibility and stated restrictions on accepted costs. Support follow-up actions to resolve any identified problems.
- Monthly closing and allocations of staff costs:
- Monthly recording of pre-funding and reconciliation invoices per EOR employee
- Monthly allocation of costs to accounts and donors for all EOR and Geneva staff and consultants
- Carry out other finance-related activities as agreed with the Director of Finance and Support services
- Work as a part of the ILGA World staff team
Performance of duties and remuneration and benefits
- The Audit and Reporting Assistant is required to work from ILGA World’s head office in Geneva if contracted locally, or from a remote location if contracted remotely or providing consultancy services
- The weekly working time is 37,5 hours (100% of FTE)
- ILGA World operates under a flexible working system, that among others includes flexible working hours and remote work arrangements
- ILGA World remunerates under a salary matrix structure. The annual salary being offered for the post is between 69’660 CHF and 88’200 CHF per annum pro-rated depending on location
- In addition, ILGA World offers 25 days annual leave (pro rata), an annual Geneva travel pass and a contribution to lunch expenses, if the post holder is hired locally.
The successful candidate must:
- be able to communicate in English with high proficiency
- have worked or at least gained relevant experiences internationally
- demonstrate strong experience in auditing, grant compliance, financial reporting, or administrative support to international program funding and equivalent University degree or Accounting Certifications
- has knowledge of double-entry bookkeeping and accounting software
- high numerical proficiency, including mastering Excel
- speak at least two languages.
The successful candidate ideally:
- Is able to communicate in French
- holds a degree of higher education in a relevant field or has matching work experience
- has proficient knowledge of international human rights funding instruments and mechanisms and has experience in all aspects of the donor cycle
- has relevant experience in working in international teams.
The ability to communicate in Spanish is an asset.
How to apply
The application should be completed in English by filling out this online application form: https://recruitment.ilga.org/Audit_and_Reporting_Assistant
We recommend preparing your answers in advance before you start filling out the form. In order to prevent the form session from expiring and you from losing your work, we suggest downloading this form in a Word document format, filling it out offline (especially open-ended questions), and then coming back to the form and pasting the answers.We also recommend filling out the form on a computer (instead of a smartphone) if possible. DO NOT send your application form in a Word document format, as it will not be evaluated this way.
Should there be well-founded reasons why this was not possible, you may submit the application form as well by e-mail to recruitment @ilga.org.
Rename this file SURNAME_Name_audit_reporting_assistant.docx (for instance: SMITH_John_audit_reporting_assistant.docx) before you submit it.
Late submissions. Please, plan your submission in advance. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
26 September 2023 Call for candidates
20 October 2023 (23:59 PM CEST) Deadline for applications
27 October 2023 Shortlisted candidates notified of results
30 October – 3 November 2023 Interviews
20 November 2023 Start of the position
ILGA World Equal Opportunities policy
ILGA World is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
ILGA World is committed to social justice, regardless of any individual or group characteristics, including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sex characteristics, race, age, disability, ability, economic status, national origin, religion, ethnicity, and historical, cultural and geographic experiences, nonetheless recognizing the unique challenges faced by individuals with each of these characteristics and by those with intersecting identities.
We offer fair treatment to all current and potential employees, interns and contractors and aim to ensure that all such individuals receive equal treatment (including access to employment, training and opportunities for promotion, as relevant) regardless of any personal attribute as listed above.
ILGA World promotes gender and equality mainstreaming and it actively promotes equality in all policies and actions. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Lesbian and bisexual women, intersex persons, trans and gender-non-binary persons, and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
If more than one applicant is considered to be equally qualified for the position, priority will be given to applicants coming from marginalized and/or underrepresented groups.