Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 01/09/2015 - 15:43
JOB ADVERTISEMENT: ILGA-Asia is recruiting an Office Coordinator (Hong Kong). Deadline for application is Thursday 29th January 2015.
1. The Job
This is an exciting new position at the office of ILGA-Asia in Hong Kong. In coordination with the Board of ILGA-Asia and with the Executive Director of ILGA, the post holder will be responsible for the management of the ILGA-Asia office.
Main tasks [see the job description for a full list]:
- Managing all administrative aspects of the ILGA-Asia office, including staff supervision, compliance with relevant legislation and relationship to service providers;
- Overseeing, jointly with the ILGA-Asia Board, the finances of the regional organisation, implementing all related tasks, including the supervision of the Finance Officer once one has been hired;
- Selecting and hiring, in coordination with the ILGA-Asia co-chairs and the ILGA head office, and supervising two officers (one in 2015 and one in 2016);
Main Job requirements [see the job description for a full list]:
- Proven management experience of at least one year.
- Knowledge of the Asian LGBTI movement and human rights issues related to it; first-hand experience in an LGBTI organization is highly desirable.
- Fluent English, both written and oral. Fluency in Chinese and/or Hindi are an asset.
3. Gross salary
In the region of 200,000 – 220,000 HKD per year, depending on experience. Contribution to re-location costs to Hong Kong.
Closing date for receipt of applications by E-mail: 17.00 Hong Kong time, Thursday 29th January 2015.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and that we are unable to offer individual feedback.