The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA World) is seeking a consultant to provide human resources services to the organisation.
the Terms of Reference
Deadline to submit your bid (EXTENDED!):
Thursday 15 July 2021, 23:59 PM Central European Summer Time
ILGA World commissioned an organisational development process in 2020 to reflect on its internal policies and practices. This was conducted through individual interviews with past and current staff, management team reflection, and the adoption by the Board of a set of organisational development recommendations to be initiated in 2021.
This call for proposals relates to the recommendation on enhancing the human resources management capacity for the organisation.
The consultant will start their assignment in July 2021, and the initial stage of the project is for 6 months.
Objective of the consultancy
The main objectives of the consultancy are to:
- ensure the compliance of all Human Resources documents and practices with Swiss law
- improve how Human Resources work is currently being done
- define the priorities and structure the role for a permanent Human Resources position
- provide trainings in different areas to support management staff
Please see the Terms of Reference to learn more about the scope of the consultancy, expected outputs and deliverables, and key background documents.
Required expertise and qualification
The person responsible for the assignment shall be a freelance consultant or consultancy firm whose services will be provided to ILGA World. The consultant shall have the support of contact persons at ILGA World throughout their project.
The ideal consultant would have proven experience in assisting non-profits, international organisations or companies in the private sector on Human Resources policies and practice.
- Experience of working with international NGO membership based organizations
- Swiss employment law expertise
- Understanding and experience of employment requirements for people from non-EEA countries.
- Human Resources Association accreditation.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Experience of working with flexible working systems and developing HR systems for remote based workforce is an advantage
LGBTI D/deaf and disabled people; lesbian and bisexual women; intersex persons; trans, gender-diverse, and non-binary persons; and persons from the Global South are especially encouraged to apply, in order to increase representation of people among LGBTI communities in our work. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We encourage bidders to mention their background and experiences in their application, and we guarantee that all information will be held confidentially.
Application process and time plan
Bids should be sent by 15 July 2021, 23:59 PM Central European Summer Time (DEADLINE EXTENDED!).
Bidders should provide a quote for the completion of all work with their application.
The bid should contain
- the bidder’s curriculum vitae or company description
- outline of proposed approach
- proposed timeline and priority tasks for the first 6 month
- proposal for on-going contract
- experience with other international NGOs
- evidence of HR and legal expertise
- a full quote for the work (all types of costs shall be given in CHF, excluding VAT).
Bids are to be submitted by e-mail to Polyxeni Kallini, ILGA World’s Senior Finance Officer, at [email protected]. Please write “ILGA World Human Resources consultancy” in the subject line of the email. Any questions can be directed by e-mail to [email protected].
The successful consultant will be contacted by 20 July 2021.
If you will not receive a reply by that deadline, it means that unfortunately your bid has not been selected. We will not be able to offer any compensation for any of the work included in the bids that will not be selected.
Evaluation criteria for the bids are listed in the Terms of Reference.