Maps | previous editions
ILGA has been publishing maps on sexual orientation laws every year, producing them in various languages in order to reach out for more communities around the world.
This would have not been possible without the collaboration of various organisations, which either requested and funded the adaptation of the maps or/and collaborated in their translation and proofreading.
These maps were previously called Lesbian and Gay Rights Maps, and you can find some of their pre-2017 editions below.
in English: Overview | Criminalisation | Protection | Recognition
in Spanish: Mapa general | Criminalización | Protección | Reconocimiento
in French: Vue d’ensemble | Criminalisation | Protection | Reconnaissance
ILGA also offered to produce a design of the back of its maps to several organisations around the world. This was done in order for them to promote their work and, at the same time, to raise awareness of the legal situation faced by lesbian, gay and bisexual people worldwide by printing and distributing the maps.
Please click on the name of the organisations listed here below for some examples of such work.
- Amnesty International LGBT Group Brussels – Belgium
- Amnesty International LGBT Group Zurich– Switzerland
- Andisex– Nicaragua
- Associazione radicale Certi Diritti – Italy
- Centro de la Diversidad Sexual y de Género – Colombia
- City of Bogota – Colombia
- Common language – China
- Espoir Vie Togo – Togo
- Fundación Colectivo Hombres Gay – Colombia
- GGD IJsseland – The Netherlands
- Hombres Gay de Bogota – Colombia
- Lambda Istanbul – Turkey
- LGBT Forum Progres – Montenegro
- Omnia – Belgium
- Shanghai Nvai – China
- Technical University Tallinn – Estonia
- Turk Gay Club – Turkey