Triangle Project is a nonprofit organisation based in Cape Town that focuses on the human rights of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex people (LGBTI). The organisation’s main areas of operation are the provision of health services, community development, public education and advocacy.
Triangle Project seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The Director will report to the Board of Trustees, and is responsible for the consistent achievement of the organisation’s mission, strategic objectives and financial sustainability.
- Initiate and facilitate overall strategic and operational planning, design, delivery, evaluation and assess effectiveness of programmes;
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of organisational performance
- Monitor, measure and report on organisational development plans and achievements
- Manage and develop direct reporting staff
- Ensure the smooth day to day management of the organisation’s work flow processes by maintaining effective systems and planning tools;
- Integrate and build synergies into the work of finance, admin, and programmes areas;
- Implement staff development and performance management programmes;
- Generate reports in line with governing body and donors needs;
- Manage and control expenditure within agreed budgets;
- Ensure financial sustainability of the organisation (fundraising; donor liaison);
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of issues that impact on the work of the organisation.
- Minimum of five years experience at director level or/with a minimum of five years experience at a senior management level;
- Proven track record in the LGBTI and human rights sectors;
- Politically astute ambassador for the LGBTI cause and the organisation;
- Strong fundraising abilities;
- Sound understanding of LGBTI issues;
- Strategic leadership ability and a systems thinking approach to organisation development;
- Financial and project management skills;
- Well organised and accomplish work under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and command of Microsoft Office.
Triangle Project practices affirmative action for LGBTI people.
Opportunity closing date: 05 November 2012
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of three work related referees and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.