ProtectDefenders.eu is seeking to recruit an experienced manager to run the Secretariat of the mechanism in Brussels and to ensure coordination of the project implementation and all related financial and narrative reporting.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager with strong communication skills who will play a crucial role in the successful implementation of the project.
Read the full job description here.
Applications comprising a CV with at least two references and a cover letter should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28, 2017
ProtectDefenders.eu is the EU Human Rights Defenders mechanism, established to protect Human Rights Defenders (HRDs) at high risk and facing the most difficult situations worldwide.
The mechanism is implemented by a Consortium of 12 international NGOs with the support of the European Commission. The EU HRD mechanism began its operations on 1st October 2015 for a duration of 36 months.
The mission of ProtectDefenders.eu is to:
– operate a permanent and rapid response mechanism to provide emergency support and material assistance to human rights defenders in danger;
– manage a support programme of temporary relocation for human rights defenders at risk to relocate inside their country, within their region or abroad in case of urgent threat;
– support and coordinate an exchange platform for organisations and stakeholders working on temporary relocation for human rights defenders including through the EU Temporary Relocation Platform;
– provide training, support and capacity-building to human rights defenders and local organizations;
– monitor the situation of human rights defenders and advocate for a protection agenda for Human Rights Defenders at local, regional and international level;
– promote coordination between organizations dedicated to support for human rights defenders, EU institutions and other relevant actors.
The members of the Consortium are: Front Line Defenders, Reporters Without Borders (RSF), World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT), International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Network (ESCR-Net), International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association (ILGA), Urgent Action Fund for Women Human Rights Defenders (UAF), Protection International, Peace Brigades International (PBI), Euro-Mediterranean Foundation of Support to Human Rights Defenders (EMHRF), Forum Asia and East and Horn of Africa Human Rights Defenders Project (EHAHRDP).
Front Line Defenders, RSF, OMCT and FIDH form the Board of the Consortium.
In order to implement the EU HRD mechanism, the Board has formed an independent Secretariat for the project which is managed by the Head of Secretariat and counts with four other staff members. The management of the tasks by the HoS play a central role in the implementation of the project.