OSIEA promotes vibrant, tolerant democracies in the region by awarding grants, developing programs, and bringing together diverse leaders and groups.
- Logistic Support: Schedule meeting requests; photocopy, answer e-mail and phone inquiries; schedule travel arrangements; take minutes for meetings; draft correspondence; and organize conference calls; organize and handle meeting logistics
- Grants Management: Assist programme officer to finalize, input and track grant applications, and to maintain working relationships with grantees
- Finance: Track program spending. Process bills, monthly credit card reports, and reimbursement requests; Prepare consultancy contracts, process consultants’ expense reports, and coordinate consultants’ travel needs
- Proven commitment to the protection of human rights in the East African region.
- Minimum five years prior experience in an administrative/coordination role. Experience in proposal writing and review preferred
- Extensive computer skills (expertise with Microsoft Word, Excel and databases required) and ability to learn new software applications
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a diverse array of people
- Extraordinary initiative, creativity and capacity to think strategically
- Team spirit and respectful working and decision-making style
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Integrity, diplomatic manner and professional discretion essential
- Willingness to travel as needed
At OSIEA, all staff are expected to work at integrating the organizational values into the performance of their duties and tasks on a daily basis and by participating in in-house working groups designed to uphold the values and foster healthy inter-office communication.
For more information: www.soros.org
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, with good benefits package
No phone calls, please. Only successful candidates will be contacted
SEARCH CLOSES: March 31, 2013
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com