The Open Society Foundations works worldwide to build vibrant and tolerant democracies whose governments are accountable to their citizens.
We are seeking a creative and energetic Communications Officer who can promote our work using multimedia, new media, the internet, and publications.
- Advise on media, communications, and publications strategy on issues of concern to OSIEA and its grantees
- Produce OSIEA publications in cooperation with the program staff, including one magazine and two e-newsletters annually
- Update website and intranet and produce short videos showcasing work
- Organize press events, maintain media contacts list, and liaise with key journalists
- Within the framework of OSIEA’s organizational values, promote inter-office communications, though office intranet and regular meetings
- 6 years of media experience as a journalist or communications professional
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills in English as well as editing experience; additional languages a plus
- Extensive multimedia skills, including the ability to make short documentaries
- Extensive contacts in the East African and international media
- Knowledge and a passion for governance and human rights issues in East Africa, and for covering these issues from a human rights perspective
- Self-motivation and creativity as well as the ability to work independently when necessary, as well as a member of a team;
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively with diverse array of people;
- Integrity and professional discretion essential.
COMPENSATION: Competitive salary, with good benefits package
No phone calls, please. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Search closes: April 1, 2013
TO APPLY: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org