POSITION: Case Manager
DEPARTMENT: Sexual Health
REPORT TO: Director of Program
LOCATION: Lagos state, Nigeria
The Case Manager provides psychosocial counseling, monitors and overall support to MSM living with HIV. The Case Manager works 70% on the USAID funded “Integrated MSM HIV Prevention Program” of Heartland Alliance and 30% on other sexual health cases reported to the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide psychosocial counseling (Nutritional counseling, family counseling, HIV/AIDS disclosure counseling, physical counseling, drug adherence counseling for positive MSM, and their female sexual partner).
- Monitor referrals to the health care facilities (HIV Counseling and Testing sites), conduct follow up calls to the clients and home based visit when require.
- Coordinate PLWHA support group activities.
- Provide palliative care services including; monitoring and documentation of palliative care materials.
- Provide/coordinate home-based care activities.
- Work with the health care providers at facilities providing services to HIV positive Men who have sex with Men (MSM).
- Work the Program Officer and Monitoring and Officer on monthly reports.
- Liaise with other HIV support groups- sensitising them on the integration of MSM.
- Consistently follow-up on clients who are currently receiving ART therapy.
A University degree or equivalent professional experience in HIV/AIDS programming and specific understanding of vulnerable groups including but not limited to issues based on sexual orientation and gender identity. An experience working with People living with HIV and AIDS is very important, valued and required. She/he should demonstrate experience in providing psychosocial support, palliative and home-based care to PLWHA.
The candidate must also possess exceptional written and verbal communications skills as well as strong interpersonal, facilitation, and team-building skills, with proven capacity for leadership, diplomacy, and advocacy. Excellent organizational skills are important, including strong and proven ability to work independently, coordinate events, and prioritize.
Competency in other local languages (Pidgin, Yoruba and others) is valued but not required.
Proficiency in the use of communications software and technologies such as Skype and software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
Interested candidates should forward their resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org ccing email@example.com.- with subject title: Case Manager Application.
DEADLINE: 15TH APRIL 2012