|Lame Charmaine Olebile, Pan Africa ILGA Regional Communications|
The Interim Steering Committee of PAI, Pan Africa ILGA, a federation of 84 LGBTI organizations, is delighted to invite activists from the whole continent to apply for its second regional conference to take place in Nairobi, Kenya from March 24th March till March 28th 2014.
PAI, the largest federation of its kind in Africa is the African regional chapter of ILGA, the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association which held its first world conference in Africa, in Johannesburg in 1999. In May 2007, activists gathered in South Africa's capital for the first regional conference of ILGA on the continent and decided to establish a regional federation of organizations working for human rights and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and intersex people. Activists created and elected an 11-member interim board to govern the newly formed Pan Africa ILGA. Along the years, there has, however, been attrition of board members and in December 2012 in Stockholm, the biggest African delegation in the history of ILGA world conferences agreed to co-opt new representatives to help steer PAI to a regional conference. This group is known as the Interim Steering Committee.
To participate at this conference, please follow this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c25ijo7rrdeynxz/X4tl3LvspK to find the following documents:
1. PAI Conference Application: Please carefully fill out this form. Answer all the questions and return the form to email@example.com.
2. PAI Conference Scholarship Application: Please carefully fill out this form. Pay close attention to the Workshop Proposals section and return the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. PAI Conference Selection Criteria: Please go through this document prior to your application process.
4. PAI Consultative Meeting Report: PAI held a meeting in November 2013 to determine the future steps of the organization. The report will provide information on the discussions at the meeting and the identified themes of the upcoming conference.
5. PAI Draft Constitution: As a draft document, PAI would welcome amendments to the draft constitution and these should be made before the deadline mentioned below.
6. PAI Draft Standing Orders: As a draft document, PAI would welcome amendments to the draft standing orders and these should be made before the deadline mentioned below.
Please note the deadlines outlined here as per the ILGA standing orders:
1. 12 December 2013 – First mailing call for applications and workshop proposals
2. 2 January 2014 – Deadline for submission of proposals, conference applications and scholarship applications
3. 9 January 2014– Second Mailing with preliminary conference agenda, report for 2013.
4. 5 February 2014 – Deadline for nomination of candidates for the Pan Africa ILGA Executive Board, for amendments to proposals, for submission of proposals to host the 2016 conference
5. 9 February 2014 – Deadline for registration of conference participants
6. 4 March 2014 – Third mailing with final agenda, including amendments to proposals, names of candidates for the Executive Board, candidates for hosting the 2016 conference and the proposed budget for next financial year.
Deadline for submission of proposals, conference applications and scholarship applications: All applications (conference, scholarship and workshop proposals) are due on the 2nd January 2014. Late applications will not be considered. For more information please contact: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.