|Jennifer Josef, ILGA-ASIA|
|Jennifer Josef, ILGA-ASIA|
The Asia and Pacific Transgender Network advocates for the improvement of health, legal protection, social and human rights, and enhance the social wellbeing and quality of life of transgender people. APTN through 7 Sisters is happy to announce the opening of the following vacancy for a Thai national. Please read carefully the criteria and required competencies and qualifications and apply before the deadline.
Date: 13 August 2013
Application deadline: 25.08.2013
Title: Network Coordinator
Contract Type: Short term
Duration of contract: Six months
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Closing date: Sunday, 25 August 2013
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of the Position: Under the supervision of the APTN working group and in close consultation and collaboration with 7 sisters and UNAIDS RST for Asia and Pacific, the consultant will coordinate the work of APTN’s secretariat ensuring a participatory and inclusive process.
The scope of work will include:
1. Coordinate the overall work of the Network secretariat, including organising meetings/telecoms or Skype conferences with agenda and taking minutes;
2. Implement work plans agreed by the Board, monitor and evaluate progress;
3. Write activity and financial reports and all related correspondence with partners and donors;
4. Contribute and collaborate with partners on joint activities;
5. Develop appropriate processes and methodologies in relation to the implementation of the work plan;
6. Research, develop and create content for the communication channels (newsletter and Facebook page);
7. Monitor budgets and access progress of expenditures, and
8. All other ad-hoc duties assigned by the APTN working group
APTN Competencies: Integrity and respect for diversity.
Core competencies: Working in teams, communicating with impact, applying expertise, delivering results, being accountable
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in related professional area of HIV, health and/or human rights;
• Sound understanding of APTN and transgender related issues in the region;
• Excellent working experience with civil society and experience leading participatory processes and facilitating team work;
• Demonstrated skills in project management and implementation;
• Sound knowledge on gender identity, sexual orientation and expression including gender aspects of delivery of health care and prevention services;
• Good report writing and analytical skills;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Able to work under supervision
• Goal oriented
• Ability and willingness to work under difficult circumstances
• Able to add capacity to regional events and processes as needed.
• First hand familiarity and working experience with the Key Populations in Asia and the Pacific and other institutions such as the Technical Support Facilities
• Good facilitation, advocacy and negotiation skills
• Understanding of the roles and functions of APTN, 7 Sisters, GATE and UNAIDS
To apply to this position you need to be a Thai national living in Thailand. Transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. Applicants are requested to send before the deadline a letter of motivation in English explaining their interest, the expected salary and their experience along with their Curriculum Vitae to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The recruiting committee will contact only shortlisted applicants for a written test. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected for an interview.