Gays and Lesbians of Zimbabwe (GALZ) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Admin Officer within the association. Application deadline: 27 April 2013.
Gays and Lesbians of Zimbabwe (GALZ) invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Admin Officer within the association.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant (AA) will ensure the efficient running of general office operations including premise & equipment management/ maintenance and establishing and managing relevant filing and other administrative systems. S/he will provide support in contract administration for consultants/ agencies hired for various professional/ technical services by GALZ from time to time.
S/he will also oversee the logistical support required for GALZ programme activities, including organizing of meetings/ workshops. The person will also be responsible for line managing line staff
- Responsible for day-to-day office maintenance (both premises & equipment) in a systematic manner and ensuring smooth functioning of office
- Managing the maintenance schedules for all major office equipment and services including, IT equipment, photocopiers, security services, etc. through annual maintenance contracts.
- Managing the procurement of regular office consumables like office stationery items, kitchen consumables, etc. in a timely manner and following the procurement policy ensuring value for money
- Supporting the Operations Manager in the procurement process by getting quotations, preparing market survey, etc. for the procurement of equipment/ services in line with the procurement policy of GALZ
- Managing the petty cash requirements for regular office expenditures and ensuring timely settlement of petty cash account with the Finance Office.
- Supporting the Operations Manager in maintaining the asset management system in the organisation and be responsible for keeping the asset register in an up-to-date manner
- Developing and maintaining electronic user-friendly filing systems relating to office administration - including the development and maintenance of databases and mailing lists for contacts and dissemination purposes, in conjunction with staff from the Programme department
- Providing general office support when necessary, including manning reception area and minute-taking at internal meetings
- A minimum of a diploma in any business related Qualification from a reputable institution such as CIS, IAC, IPMZ. Membership of a professional body is a distinct advantage-
- A higher qualification would be an added advantage
- Appreciation of Human resources practices
- At least two years experience in a similar position within an NGO environment
- Appreciation of community development and donor procedures a must-have;
Interested and qualified candidates who match the profile are invited to submit by e-mail their CV and application to email@example.com by 27 April 2013.
Subject heading “Admin Assistant Application”
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted