|Stephen Barris, ILGA|
ILGA aisbl is a 31-year-old association of over 700 member organizations worldwide, that operates at the global level to achieve equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex people. The association is governed by an international board and elects two Secretaries General to represent it on a political level. A staff of five professionals based in Brussels, Belgium, supports the work of the association on a day to day level.
ILGA values creative and inclusive approaches to work and management. We are committed to working in partnerships and coalitions with a wide range of external organizations and to constantly developing ILGA as an international membership human rights organization.
To fulfill the newly created position of Press Officer we are looking for a colleague for 36 hours per week.
• Responsible for the press strategy of ILGA, including :
• Training the ILGA team in providing sources for press opportunities
• Writing press releases for the English, Spanish, and possibly also French media market
• Maintaining an international database of press contacts
• Looking for interview opportunities within the mainstream media for the Secretaries General and for the Executive Director
• Managing the news content of the ILGA's website
• Managing the Youtube, Facebook and Twitter pages of ILGA
• Updating the Wikipedia page on ILGA
• Drafting daily press reviews on LGBTI relevant news in the international media, drawing the Executive Director's and the Secretaries General's attention to pieces of news requiring immediate action and response by the organization
• Training staff in writing skills related to reporting
• Knowledge of current LGBTI and Human Rights violations of LGBTI people in the world
• A degree in journalism or equivalent field
• Knowledge of media in English, Spanish and possibly French
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience in working with mainstream news agencies
• Experience with working on a data base, website and common IT software.
For more information and to request an information package, please contact Administration and Finance Officer E. Kana at email@example.com.
Gross monthly salary excluding holiday pay is between €3100 and €3600 per month, depending on experience.
New Closing date for receipt of applications by E-mail: 17.00 CET, 19 April 2010
Short listed candidates will be invited for interview in Brussels on 3 May 2010.
ILGA is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The Application Pack (available in the attached word document) should be sent to E. Kana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmation in the post will be subject to the successful completion of a 6-months probationary period.