ILGA Oceania Region
(formerly known as ANZAPI Region)
Notice to Members
ILGA Oceania Regional Conference
14-16 May 2014
Full member organisations are invited to attend the inaugural Regional Conference of ILGA Oceania Region. The meeting will precede the 3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Forum to be held in Darwin, 14-16 May 2014.
Wednesday 14 May
9am – 3.30pm ILGA Oceania Meeting
4pm 3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Forum
Thursday 15 May
3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Forum
ILGA Oceania Meeting (to be held in the extended lunch break)
Friday 16 May
3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Forum
ILGA Oceania Meeting (If required during lunch break)
DoubleTree by Hilton, Darwin Esplanade
116 The Esplanade, Darwin
Purpose of Meeting:
The Inaugural Meeting of ILGA Oceania will:
- Establish a regional LGBTI human rights network
- Train ILGA members on the strategic value of engaging with the United Nations System
- Set the priorities for ILGA Oceania
- Decide on the founding constitution and structure of ILGA Oceania
- Elect the inaugural ILGA Oceania Board
Call for Agenda Items
Member organisations of ILGA within the Oceania Region (Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Island Nations) are invited to propose items for discussion during the meeting. Items must be submitted to the Secretary, ILGA Oceania Establishment Committee by Wednesday 19 February 2014.
A preliminary agenda along with papers for the meeting will be sent to all member organisations by Wednesday 5 March. Any recommended amendments or additions to the preliminary agenda must be submitted to the Secretary by Sunday 6 April. The final agenda and bio information of those standing for the ILGA Oceania Board will be sent to members by Wednesday 23 April.
Call for Nominations for ILGA Oceania Board
Nominations are sought for the Inaugural Board for ILGA Oceania. Board members must be a member of a current full Member Organisation of ILGA. Nominations must be completed on the Nomination Form and signed by authorized representative of the nominating member organization and by the person being nominated. Nominations must be submitted to the Secretary, ILGA Oceania Establishment Committee by Wednesday 19 February 2014.
Click here to download the Nomination Form
A limited number of scholarships are available for a representative of current full Member Organisation of ILGA located in Pacific Island nations to attend the meeting.
Scholarships will cover
- Registration Fee?- ILGA Oceania Meeting
- Registration Fee – 3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Conference
- Return economy travel from your closest airport to Darwin*?
- Accommodation in Darwin while attending the meeting
- Meal Allowance to cover breakfast and dinner while attending the meeting
* Air Travel & Accommodation Policy: ILGA Oceania will pay for the cheapest return economy fare from your closest airport to Darwin. While your airline preferences will try to be accommodated, ILGA reserves the right to book flights on another airline to obtain a cheaper fare. ILGA will book and pay for accommodation and breakfasts from Tuesday until Saturday. All other expenses (e.g. phone, mini bar, internet) must be paid by the scholarship recipient. Additional accommodation and breakfast will only be provided if there is a need to travel the night before in order to arrive in time for the start of the conference or return travel is not possible on the Friday evening after the conference. Once the reservations have been made, any changes to travel or accommodations must be done through ILGA Oceania.
Click here to download the scholarship application form
Scholarship application forms must be completed by the person wishing to attend the meeting and must be signed by an office bearer of the member organization indicating the person is representing the organization. Nominations must be submitted to the Conference Convenor, ILGA Oceania Establishment Committee by Wednesday 19 February 2014.
Scholarship applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application by Monday 24 February
Only full member organisatons who are have paid their membership fees to ILGA for 2014 will be allowed to vote at the meeting. All member organisations are encouraged to ensure that their ILGA membership is current.
Proxy Votes: For member organisations unable to attend, a proxy vote can be submitted. Proxy forms will be sent in the final set of papers.
Representatives of member organisations from Australia and New Zealand or Pacific Island nations that did not receive a scholarship will need to pay a registration fee. Fees are per person.
ILGA Business Meeting (14 May) $100.00
3rd Asia Pacific Outgames Human Rights Forum $325.00
Total Registration Fee: $425.00
Accommodation and travel deals are available through the Asia Pacific Outgames Travel Agents, Corporate Travellers.
Note some travel deals close on 31 January 2014.
Gina Wilson, ILGA Oceania Secretary: Email: email@example.com
Barry Taylor, Conference Convenor: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joey Joleen Mataele, Co-convenor: Email: email@example.com
Simon Margan, Co-convenor: Email: SMargan@bigpond.net.au
Simon Margan, Jolene Joey Mataele