For development and implementation of the Hivos LGBT Rights we are looking for a part time Programme Officer LGBT Rights, for 32 hours per week for the period of one year.
What is your responsibility?
You are responsible which includes:
- Further development of Hivos policy on LGBT Rights and more in particular the strategies for LGBT movement building;
- Building and maintaining relevant networks for Hivos LGBT Rights programme in order to contribute to empowerment of sexual minorities; advocacy work is an essential element of this responsibility;
- Development of innovative programmes that contribute to further movement building of LGBT communities; development of knowledge programme activities;
- Identification and mobilization of financial resources for LGBT programmes;
- Provide advice and support to programme officers at Hivos Regional Offices in charge of implementation of Hivos LGBT programmes;
- Management of partnerships with LGBT community organisations that operate at supra national level;
- Tuning of the LGBT policy with the HIV/Aids programmes in particular the programmes on MSM (men having sex with men).
What is your profile?
You are an energetic and entrepreneurial person. You have an MA in social science or other relevant university degree and you have at least 5 years of relevant working experience. Also you have strong analytical capacities and proven entrepreneurial spirit. You not only have affinity with LGBT communities but also knowledge of international LGBT communities. As programme officer you have knowledge and experience with international cooperation preferably with empowerment of sexual minorities.
You have affinity with project administration and proven experience with fund raising
Finally you have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, knowledge of Spanish is welcome too.
What do we offer?
We offer a stimulating work environment in a professional international organization with very dedicated staff, including international travel. You will be based at Hivos Head Office in The Hague. Employment is offered for the period of 1,5 year. Your gross salary depend on experience up to a maximum of €,3.716,43 ( Hivos Grade11) based on a 32 hrs work week. Travel cost compensation in accordance with Hivos Regulations. Participation in the pension fund ‘ Zorg & Welzijn’.
You can apply before 25 March 2013. Both a letter of motivation and resume need to be submitted in English to Hivos via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference code 1302300-05.
Hivos is a Dutch non-governmental organization inspired by humanist values. Together with local organizations in developing countries, Hivos seeks to contribute to a free, fair and sustainable world in which citizens – women and men – have equal access to the resources and opportunities for their development. And where they can actively and equally participate in decision-making processes that determine their lives, their society and their future. Hivos is committed to the poor and marginalized in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Want to know more?
For more information, please contact Mr. Tini van Goor, head of bureau DRAG, telephone +31 (0)70- 3765500.