Reporting to the Programme Manager, the Programme Officer is a highly creative and dynamic person who is well able to develop projects with the minimum of supervision.
An intelligent and articulate individual who, whilst being able to relate to people at all levels within an organisation and possessing excellent communication skills, is able to maintain suitable personal borders and give clear instructions.
To translate into action the vision, policies and objectives of the GALZ Affinity Group Programme at a local level both in the long- and short-term. Ensures visibility of GALZ at a local level as a legitimate player in the human rights arena.
- Designing and Implementing the GALZ Affinity Group Programme at local level
- Establishing and overseeing the implementation and running of services and activities to the Affinity Group membership such as workshops, focus-group discussions and social events
- Identifying training needs of the local membership.
- Establishing and maintaining meaningful relationships with human rights organisations, ASOs,women’s organisations, health-service providers and any other organisation whose work has a bearing on the advancement of the work of GALZ at local level
- Administrative Duties and Maintaining accounting records according to the GALZ system of accounts and procedures
- The ideal candidate will have at least a diploma / 2 A level passes
- At least 2 years experience management and implementation of civil society programmes.
- Previous experience in the successful management and implementation of civil society programmes a distinct advantage
- Proven experience in working with key populations, including the LGBTI community on advocacy, community building and would be an advantage. Excellent workshop training and facilitation skills,
- Computer literacy is essential. Excellent verbal and written communication, research and analytical skills are required.
- Excellent written and spoken English, Ndebele and/or Shona is desirable
- Interested and qualified candidates who match the profile are invited to submit by e-mail their
CV and application to email@example.com by 14 December 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.