Gay Kenya Trust, operating as KELEGA Youth Education and Empowerment, is a dynamic gay identifying men’s group in Kenya. Its main objective is human rights advocacy group in partnership with other members of the LGBIT Community. Gay Kenya Seeks to recruit a dynamic, self-motivated, upward mobile individual to fill the position of a communications officer.
This challenging yet rewarding position, presents an opportunity for a highly talented person to demonstrate to the world their talent and skill in a conservative yet attentive Kenyan society. If you have great talent and training in communications, this vacancy is yours to fill.
Job Title: Communications Officer
• Manage Gay Kenya www.gaykenya.com, create and maintain Gay Kenya profile in social networks such as Facebook, twitter e.t.c.
• Manage media contacts list
• Draft and issue press releases, information notes, and written materials for dissemination to local and international media
• Manage monthly press conferences and media events
• Manage Gay Kenya Newsletter
• Handle Gay Kenya membership register, internal list, events and, updates
• Make a list of useful contacts for Gay Kenya
• Improve and maintain Gay Kenya’s active image
Qualifications and skills required are:
• Personal belief in and support of Gay Kenya’s core values
• A degree or equivalent in Mass communication
• Media and awareness-raising experience
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team worker and good listener
• At least 2 years of experience in some or all elements of the abovementioned job description
This is a full time job from Monday till Friday, requiring an input of at least 40 hrs a week. Gay Kenya however works on Flexi-time and on account of his/her responsibilities, the Comms officer may be asked to adjust his/her working hours to suit the requirements of his/her duties.
Please send a full CV/resume and a covering motivation letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 30 September 2011.
In the range of 35,000- 60,000 Kshs. depending on qualifications and experience. For more information, please visit http://www.gaykenya.com/jobs/4226.html