The Gay and Lesbian Network is a young and dynamic NGO working towards creating positive change in the wellbeing of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Intersex LGBTI community in Pietermaritzburg and the KwaZulu-Natal midlands.
The Gay and Lesbian Network seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator for its Enabling Environment programme, based in KwaZulu-Natal.
This is a one-year, fixed-term contract position.
- Organise workshops with key stakeholders;
- Review and develop module;
- Marketing materials;
- Liaise with stakeholders;
- Represent the network at forums/meetings.
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent;
- Minimum of two years working experience in the NGO sector;
- Excellent communication, planning, facilitation and report writing skills;
- Knowledge of the NGO sector and experience working with diverse people and organisations;
- Commitment to the LGBTI sector;
- Ability to work well under pressure and within a small team environment;
- Ability to network with key external partners in mainstreaming the Network’s trainings;
- Computer literate;
- Proficiency in English and isiZulu preferred.
Opportuniy closing date: 9 November 2012
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 086 508 2203. Alternatively, drop off it at the Network’s office, 187 Burger Street and include the names and contact details of three traceable references.