This is an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in one of the leading organisations on the continent, dedicated to challenging sexual orientation-based discrimination and violence. In this role the incumbent will report to the Head of Operations and Finance, as well as support the work of the Health and Law and Policy teams.
AMSHeR is a coalition of 18 Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) and Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) led organisations in 15 African countries. Established in 2009, AMSHeR works to increase the protection of the human rights of LGBTI people, strengthen the capacity of member organisations, contribute to the development of effective HIV programming and facilitate research gay men and other MSM.
- Financial administration and inputting: The incumbent will be responsible for financial record keeping and administration and oversee the effective management of payroll and facilitate this. In addition, the incumbent will manage petty cash, keep appropriate records and maintain reconciliations.
- Systems: Reports, Policies and Procedures: The incumbent will develop and update a master contact database; deal with day to day queries and technical requests; create, maintain and update the AMSHeR calendar; organize all AMSHeR meetings (Staff, Steering Committee, Board, etc) and; represent AMSHeR on stalls or at events as required and appropriate.
General administration and tasks: The incumbent will maintain, and develop the administration of office systems paper and electronic (e.g. online file sharing systems such as Dropbox or Cloud) and; perform secretarial and administrative functions such as booking flights for conferences and meetings, postage, ordering stationery, maintenance of equipment, etc. as required.
The incumbent should be prepared to undertake any other duties within the role as required.
- Commitment to social justice and AMSHeR?s values;
- A diploma or bachelor degree in business administration, finance or any other similar field of study is desirable but not mandatory;
- At least 3 years relevant professional experience;
- Excellent organizational, planning and logistical skills with a proactive attitude and attention to detail;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately;
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of other languages, including Portuguese and Swahili, is seen as an asset and;
- Ability to work efficiently under time pressure and skilled at prioritizing and completing multiple tasks.
To apply please forward a cover letter, and detailed resume to email@example.com by Friday 08 February 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.